2017 CSPWC Watercolour Symposium
2017 CSPWC Watercolour 5 day symposium. Calgary Alberta.
Full Week Registration: $570. Discounts to members and Associate $25.00 off.
Also Earlybird Discount: $25.00 before May 15.
CSPWC Symposium Registration Information
CSPWC Symposium Brochure Information
Accommodation for 2017 Symposium
Canadian Society of Painters in Watercolour Symposium 2017
Take a look at our virtual tours here:
CSPWC Annapolis Basin Symposium, Fall 2016
If you have any trouble with your purchase please contact the CSPWC office: CSPWC 2016 Symposium.
PDF Flyer: CSPWC Annapolis Basin Symposium, Fall 2016
PDF Plein Air Exhibition and Festival ONLY: CSPWC Plein Air Exhibition and Festival
Link to Facebook Page for the CSPWC Symposium, 2016:
Facebook Page – CSPWC Symposium, 2016
Full Symposium Registration
(Five Days) $550.00
Register before June 15th, 2016 – deduct ($50.00) CSPWC Members and Associates deduct ($25.00)
One Day Option for Symposium classes: $125/per day.
$200 Flat Fee (Deduct $25 for Members and Associates)
Deduct $25 for early bird option prior to June 15th.
Single Workshop Course Fee – $95/day
Plein Air Festival
Entry Fee $40 – (one time fee for participation)
Single Workshop days available at $95/course.
INSTRUCTORS: CPSWC Annapolis Basin Symposium, Fall 2016
(Instructors’ Material Lists coming soon)
Watercolour Canada Symposiums
|Since 1995, symposiums for participants at all levels of experience take place every other year, alternating between east and west. Accomplished CSPWC/SCPA instructors guide participants in a variety of painting techniques, subjects, styles and offer a wide range of educational opportunities including presentations, demonstrations, hands-on workshops, slide shows, and critiques. These intensive workshops last from a weekend to five days.
- They offer:
- an intensive instructional experience.
- access to a number of quality instructors.
- a combination of demonstrations, and hands-on sessions.
- on-site painting in spectacular surroundings.
- discussions and critiques.
WATERCOLOUR CANADA SYMPOSIUMS
- 2015 – Nova Scotia Watercolour Symposium planned for October 2015, Cornwallis, Nova Scotia. Dates: Sept. 28th to Oct.3, 2015 Annapolis Basin Conference Centre, Cornwallis, Nova Scotia
(in the beautiful Annapolis Valley) Registration forms available on website, payment through
- Geneva Park Watercolour Symposium June 2014, Orillia Ontario.
- Gaelic College of Cape Breton, St. Anne’s, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, July 2012
- WaterWorks Symposium, Arts Court and University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, June 2011
- Gaelic College of Cape Breton, St. Anne’s, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Aug. 2009
- University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, 2006
- Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Nov. 2002
- White Mountain Academy of Arts, Elliot Lake, Ontario, Aug. 2001
- Bowen Island, British Columbia, Sept. 1999
- Ottawa, Ontario, Sept .1998
- Jasper, Alberta, May/June 1997
- Gananoque, Ontario, June 1995
- Elliot Lake, Ontario, Sept. 1992
- Five public seminars in Toronto and two Watercolour Weekends in Calgary in earlier years.
The teaching that transpired that week could best be described as a smorgasbord of artistic delights. Edward Shawcross, Bowen Island, 1999
As a very new member of the CSPWC I attended the Bowen Island Symposium in 1999 where I met Les Tibbles. Each morning I rose at the crack of dawn to find Les already up, waiting for the sun to rise so he could get out there and paint. By evening most of us would have one or two small paintings. Les would often cover two tables with his work.
At the comments about the amount he was producing he would reply, “I don´t know about you, but I came here to paint.” I hope this painting captures, not just a moment in time, but the life´s purpose of an artist I admire and respect. Tim Packer.
|Doris McCarthy demonstrates painting on-site at the Jasper Symposium.
|Tim Packer Les Tibbles: I Came Here to Paint.
|Charlie Spratt at the Halifax S