|Regional lectures and demonstrations.
We organize symposiums and workshops across Canada.
- Half day to one day events are organized periodically in the various regions. Information is posted on the Upcoming Events page as it becomes available.
- Paint-In and Paint-Outs are full-day or weekend event for artists to paint together at an unique location.
Past locations include:
- 2009: Gaelic College of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
- 2008: Glen Williams and Toronto Islands, Ontario and Gaelic College of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
- 2004: Fortescue Lake, Haliburton Highlands, Ontario, private garden in Richmond Hill, Ontario, and the Arts & Letters Club of Toronto
- 2002: Paudash Lake, Haliburton Highlands, Ontario
- 2001: Neilson Park Creative Arts Centre, Etobicoke, Ontario
- 1999: Arts & Letters Club of Toronto
- Come & See Day: Raise awareness of CSPWC/SCPA for potential members, through painting demonstrations, and critiques.
- Don Mills, Ontario (2008)
- Etobicoke, Ontario (2006)
- Halifax, Nova Scotia (2005)
- and Moncton, New Brunswick (2005 and 2002).
- CSPWC/SCPA Atlantic Visiting Artist Series: Started in 1999, individual elected members demonstrated watercolour painting for the interested public and artists.
- Antigonish, Nova Scotia, (2004, 2001)
- Halifax, Nova Scotia (2004, 2003, 2001, 2001, 2000, 1999)
- and Moncton, New Brunswick (2000).
- Annual World Watercolour Day: The inaugural World Watercolour Day (“Día Mundial de la Acuarela”) was established on November 23rd, 2001 by Senor Alfredo Guati Rojo (d. 2003), then President of the Sociedad Mexicana de Acuarelistas (the Mexican Society of Watercolorists) and exhibition curator of the Museo Nacional de la Acuarela (National Museum of Watercolor), Coyoacán, Mexico. By 2004, 17 country’s watercolour associations participated (Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Columbia, England, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, New-Zealand, Panama, Russia, Spain, Sweden, USA, and Venezuela).
2002: CSPWC/SCPA elected members volunteered to do a demonstration or workshop, at a library or local school.
2001: CSPWC/SCPA elected members and associates painted on Nov. 23, 2001, then exhibited at the Wallace Studios.
Whether you are an artist considering applying for elected membership, or a beginner wanting to improve your skill, an individual consultation may be of invaluable assistance.
The CSPWC offers one-hour intensive sessions with two elected members experienced in teaching and constructive critiques. These sessions are offered through the CSPWC Toronto office by appointment.
- $50 for Associate Members,
- $60 for non-affiliated artists.
To book, contact: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org